Minnesota Frontline Worker Pay Application Period Has Started

A few weeks ago, we discussed the bill from the Minnesota legislature providing for pay for Frontline Workers in the state of Minnesota.  We also let you know that the open period for applications would be coming in the near future.  Well, the time for those applications is now.

As a reminder, Frontline Worker Pay is available for employees in the following sectors:

  • long-term care and home care;
  • health care;
  • emergency responders;
  • public health, social service, and regulatory service;
  • courts and corrections;
  • child care;
  • schools, including charter schools, state schools and higher education;
  • food service, including production, processing, preparation, sale and delivery;
  • retail, including sales, fulfillment, distribution and delivery;
  • temporary shelters and hotels;
  • building services, including maintenance, janitorial and security;
  • public transit;
  • ground and air transportation services;
  • manufacturing; and
  • vocational rehabilitation.

To be eligible for the payment, employees must not have been able to telework due to the nature of the individual’s work and must have worked in close proximity to people outside of the applicant’s household.

Employers in the sectors listed above MUST provide notice by June 23, 2022 “advising all current workers who may be eligible for Frontline Worker Pay of the assistance potentially available to them and how to apply for benefits.  You can get the advisory to be provided to employees right here.

Employees have 45 days to apply, starting June 8.  Take care of your obligations as an employer NOW.

While the Minnesota legislative session did not deliver many of the changes we thought we might see, given our overwhelming budget surplus, there have been several changes affecting Minnesota employers.  Over the next few weeks, we’ll be discussing some of those changes and how they could impact you.  If you, or your organization, need assistance in navigating the changes to laws in our state, contact Wiley Reber Law for legal advice that works.